Had a shitty day? Boyfriend left you? Got fired? Failed your algebra test? Sometimes life just sucks. But that is not what this community is about.
Imagine and Dream is where you can go to escape it all. We have fluff, happy endings, fairy tales, the whole works. Take a few moments to read a story, or look at a picture, and you'll feel better. You may not be able to control what happens in your life, but you can control the way you feel. Even if your days are filled with happiness and puppies, feel free to join and post.
At Imagine and Dream we have stories, art, and poetry, that releases your bad feelings and makes you feel good. What's posted here isn't always happy. The main point of this community is to get a sense of catharsis from reading (or looking at) what's posted here.
Look down below in the memories to see everything posted here sorted into categories.
Please, please use this form when you post something. If you're lj-cutting, the form should be outside the cut. Title: Fandom: (if any) Rating: Categories: Other info: --post piece--
The categories are for archiving purposes, so that people can easily find your piece. The categories are: story, art, poem, fanfiction (Note: You MUST include either story, art [photos are art], poem, or fanfiction in your categories) (Another note: if it's fanart, that goes in the same category as fanfiction), fairy tale, happiness, sadness, romantic, dancing, funny, cute, princess, prince, castle, knights, Cinderella, legend, Arthurian legend, fairies, fantsay, etc. I can't think of any more categories at the moment, but feel free to make up your own categories. In fact, I encourage you to do this.
RULES 1. No introductory posts! If you want to introduce yourself, go ahead, but you must include a story, piece of art, or poem.
2. This should go without saying, but always be curteous and polite. No flaming. Depending on the severity of your rudeness you could get warned or banned. Just be nice, people.
3. If someone asks for constructive criticism on a piece, feel free to tear it apart. But if a poster does not specifically ask for con crit you should assume that they are just sharing. Conversely, don't ask for con crit unless you want it.
4. NC-17 and R posts are allowed, but please put them behind a cut with a warning.
5. Both original fiction and fanfiction/fanart are allowed. But if you post fanfiction/fanart please put up a disclaimer, which fandom, and which characters and pairings (if any).
6. No matter what you post, it must be your own work, unless you have permission from the author/artist, and credit him or her in you post. No plagiarism! It's illegal, it's wrong, it's dumb. Become familiar with copyright law at Copyright.gov.
7. All art and stories longer than a few paragraphs must be behind a cut! Also, poems longer than a few stanzas should be behind a cut as well. Find out how to use an lj cut here.
8. Put the title of your piece in the subject line! This is for archiving purposes, so that people can find your piece easily.
9. If you have more than one piece that you want to post, please post them in different entries.
10. And always ALWAYS use proper grammar and spell check your work. No netspeak, either.
Whew! That's a lot of rules. But they're only there to make your experience here more enjoyable.